π§⭐ My ScullCandy π 'CRUSHER' Headphones Review! ⭐π§
π§⭐ My
ScullCandy π
'CRUSHER'
Headphones
Review! ⭐π§
So, as promised, here, I will be reviewing the SkullCandy π CRUSHER ANC 2 Headphones, and the SkullCandy π CRUSHER Evo Headphones!
First, for those of you who may not know the SkullCandy π CRUSHER range of headphones, you may be asking yourself just what they are, and what is so unique about them? = Well, the SkullCandy π 'CRUSHER' Headphones are Over-Ear headphones with MULTI-SENSORY BASS! - In other words, - these headphones vibrate with the beat of the bass, meaning you can 'FEEL' the music, as well as hear it!
So, let me start with the differences between the two models, ...
THESE are the SkullCandy π Crusher ANC 2 Headphones, ...
... They are in the 'Bone' (White) colour-way, & DON'T come glittered up like in my pics! = I did that myself (please see my previous blog post!), ...
... & THESE are the SkullCandy π Crusher Evo Headphones, ...
... They are in the black colour-way, ...
... So, the ANC 2's have Active Noise Cancellation, - whereas the Evo's don't, & only have 'passive isolation' only, when music is playing, - what's more, is that the Active Noise Cancellation on the ANC 2's can be turned off, onto 'transparency' / 'aware' mode. ...
... The ANC 2's have a 50 Hour battery life with ANC on / 60 Hour battery life with ANC off, whereas the Evo's have a 40 Hour battery life. ...
... The ANC 2's have Bluetooth 5.2 Multi-Point Pairing, for pairing 2 devices at once, whereas the Evo's use the older single device Bluetooth pairing. ...
... The ANC 2's have a wheel to turn the haptic up or down, whereas the Evo's have a simple slider. ...
... & Finally, the ANC 2's have Smart Features with it's Skull π IQ app, and with hands-free voice controls, whereas the Evo's use a standard app setup. ...
But what do 'I' think of how these 2 models compare? - Including the use of the features each have, - or don't have?! ...
WELL!!! - Firstly, the ANC 2's are chunkier in their design, & I feel that they both look, & feel, more premium. Some say that the ANC 2's are more comfortable to wear than the Evo's, especially for longer periods, however, I find both pairs to be equally as comfortable.
The Active Noise Cancellation on the ANC 2's is definitely a bonus, - I feel it works well, & you can turn the ANC off into 'transparency' / 'aware' mode, if you don't want the ANC on, or if you want the battery to last longer. Having said that, when turned up to their max volume, the Evo's don't really need ANC when the music is playing, - it's just in between tracks that it's really noticeable.
I find the volume to be a little louder on the ANC 2's, & the audio sounds clearer, & more defined, - however, - the haptics on the Evo's are definitely more 'punchy' & 'hard-hitting' than on the ANC 2's.
I also really like the fact that the ANC 2's can pair to 2 devices at once, as this, for me, is really handy, as I use an iPod Touch solely to listen to my music, so the ANC 2's can also pair to my phone at the same time, & means I won't miss any incoming calls.
I don't really find the hands-free feature on the ANC 2's to be of much use, as you have to have the app open anyway, & when you are out & about, or travelling, you're going to be less inclined to use the voice controls!
So, my verdict?! - Well I'm actually glad to own both models, as yes, the Evo's haptics ARE more 'punchy', 'hard-hitting', & 'on- beat', than the ANC 2's, - BUT, - I feel that overall, if I had to choose between the 2 models, I would have to opt for the ANC 2's, - because they have clearer sound overall, are slightly louder, the ANC on them is actually really good, I think, & the multi-point pairing is a big plus, - & although their haptics may not be quite as punchy, - unless you have the Evo's to actually compare them to, you're not really going to notice that much of a difference!
What's interesting is that whilst I was eyeing up the ANC 2's, they were priced between £179.99 - £199.99 on Amazon. Yet I waited, & was able to bag a pair for a 'voucher' / 'offer' price of £129.99, - but at the time of purchase, this price was only available for the 'Bone' (White) colour-way option. Since purchasing them, the black & orange colour-ways are both now also reduced to £129.99. They are also now priced the same, £129.99, at Argos, reduced from £199.99. However, the Evo's, - on Amazon, - are priced between £140 - £158, depending on the colour-way, with the 'Bone' (White) colour-way being cheaper, - however, at Argos, they are priced at £99.99, - which is where I purchased my Evo's from. But, yeh, on Amazon, the ANC 2's are actually CHEAPER to buy than the older model Evo's!!!
NOTE: As you'll see from my previous blog post, I customised my SkullCandy π Crusher ANC 2's by ⭐GLITTERING THEM UP!⭐, - which I did to take away the plain white-ness of them, which would no doubt show up more marks than the other colour-ways, - but at the time this colour-way was the cheapest option, & I actually think that this added touch of
⭐SPARKLE!⭐ makes them look pretty cool! πππ, ...
... I also purchased some black replacement ear pads for my ANC 2's, for this same reason, - their colour, - as I've only worn them twice so far, & already they have some light hair colour dye transfer on the pads that won't come off!
x ~ X ~ x
π΄ Since writing this blog post, & having used both pairs more, I have since sold my Evo's, & purchased a second pair of the ANC 2's! - I wear them so often, both indoors, & out, & these are DEFINITELY the better pair, - they are simply ⭐AMAZING!⭐, - their volume & haptics turned up to the max! = πππ



















Comments
Post a Comment